Pro-Form Laboratories has been a leader in the development and production of nutritional powders for over 35 years. As the “Pros in Powders”, we blend experience, quality, innovation and technology to ensure our customers’ success in today's ever changing marketplace.
The Warehouse Processing Manager will actively support and improve the company’s financial performance by improving inventory accuracy and operational efficiencies; enhance services to internal customers; use continuous improvement methodologies to improve operations, increase data reporting accuracy and streamline processes as needed. The Materials and Processing Manager supports metrics development to increase data driven decision making and to take an active leadership role to monitor key processes and gather best practices. The Materials and Processing Manager will oversee Receiving, Inventory Control, Processing/ Blending, Material Handling, Staging and Weigh Rooms.
- Schedule crews in coordination with the packaging department to efficiently complete the production schedule and meet customer demand.
- Assist in establishing and maintaining department performance and financial metrics (budget adherence) and act as necessary to meet company strategic goals.
- Ability to change direction and handle multiple responsibilities on a regular basis in a dynamic manufacturing environment.
- Track Receiving, Staging, Weigh Room, Material Handling, and Processing Teams performance metrics and update KPIs and BSC as needed.
- Interface and communicate with technology and operation project teams to help ensure that existing and newly introduced WMS systems/programs support the organization’s business objectives, processes and performance requirements.
- Develops risk mitigation & contingency plans. Assigns and tracks milestone level responsibilities for work stream activities that are aligned to overall strategic initiatives goals, timelines and objectives.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems; assuring all company rules and regulations are followed.
- Maintain all safety rules, SOP's, IIPPs in accordance with all company and outside regulatory policies including OSHA compliance programs.
- Support and maintain quality and regulatory compliance; support the Quality and Regulatory departments with internal and external audits; including GMP Certifications, Organic Certifications, or audits by state or federal regulatory agencies.
- Discuss defective or unacceptable goods or services with inspection or quality control personnel to determine source of trouble (root cause) and take corrective action (countermeasures).
- Manage inventory levels within defined parameters and develop tools to track slow moving and non-current materials (retest materials process).
- Lead, improve and standardize our processes in inventory management to attain world class levels of performance and report inventory levels, inventory accuracy, establish other meaningful operating metrics.
- Utilize daily reporting & monitoring of “leading indicator metrics” and total employee involvement to ensure operation with discipline. Takes initiative and strives for quantum leaps in performance.
- Drive the successful development and implementation of cross functional projects on schedule and within budget.
- Be a subject matter expert for continuous improvement methodologies and their application to assigned business processes while maintaining the long-term sustainability of these processes.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must have a strong knowledge of food dietary supplement manufacturing processes and equipment; general knowledge of Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP’s)
- Must have strong functional knowledge of WMS operating programs with a strong business knowledge supporting and implementing large, complex, business critical systems.
- Must have experience in multi-ingredient powder blending
- Must have solid communication written and verbal skills, able to solve and resolve problems with limited instructions, possesses excellent time management, and be a hands-on type of individual.
- Must have excellent leadership skills, team building, and the ability to motivate cross-functional teams.
- Must have strong systematic problem solving skills. Extensive experience of data analytics, statistics, data insights reporting. Strong process thinking.
- Must have a working knowledge of LEAN Manufacturing
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in a cGMP manufacturing environment (food processing/dietary supplement preferred) or related industry (e.g. Pharmaceutical, Bio-Sciences, etc.)
- Minimum 4-6 years in a supervisory/management role.
- Experience with ERP/WMS systems, Materials and supply chain reporting, inventory analysis and statistical tools.
- Experience with Powder Blending
- Bachelor’s degree in management or related field is preferred.
- Six Sigma or Lean Manufacturing working knowledge strongly preferred.
- Working knowledge of Excel, Word, and Microsoft Office required.
The Materials and Processing Manager manages the activities of the Receiving, Staging, Weigh Room, Material Handling and Processing Departments. He/ She reports directly to the Director of Operations. The Materials and Processing Manager works closely with other operations team members as needed.
Please enter your Salary requirements in the application in consideration for this role.
Pro-Form Laboratories offers a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401k, FSA, paid vacation and sick leave. For consideration, please reply to this post with your resume and cover letter that includes relevant skills and experience
It is the policy and intent of Pro-Form Laboratories to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, or medical condition as defined in federal and state laws. This policy covers all facets of employment, including but not limited to: recruitment, selection, placement, promotions, transfers, demotions, termination, training, and compensation.