Pro-Form Laboratories has been a leader in the development and production of nutritional powders for 35 years. As the "Pros in Powders", we blend experience, quality, innovation and technology to ensure our customers' success in today's ever changing marketplace.
We are currently looking for Quality Assurance Auditors to join our team in Benicia, CA.
- This is a swing role, starting by 2:45 pm each day, but some flexibility is necessary. Overtime is required and Saturday shifts are worked in rotation within the department. Some will be required each month.
This role will require starting through an Agency on a trial basis.
It will be considered "Temp to Hire".
Quality Assurance Auditors are responsible for ensuring safe, quality product by conducting in-process inspections and evaluating finished product. This position will monitor the manufacturing process by verifying materials/product/packaging, calibrate test equipment, perform GMP and sanitation audits, review documentation, conduct training, and other duties as needed to support plant operations.
The essential functions of this position include, but are not necessarily limited to, those specifically identified in this description. The Company may, at its sole discretion, add to, change, or expand the essential or marginal functions of this position.
- Conduct start-up verification of production lines to ensure correct usage of materials and packaging.
- Conduct frequent audits of production lines, inspecting finished product, packaging, and code dates. Audit the paperwork of operators to ensure that they are performing frequent metal detector/x-ray and weight checks at the required frequency.
- Audit the batching process to ensure correct usage of raw materials. Verify lot codes and review batch records for accuracy.
- Assist and monitor cleaning and sanitation procedures.
- Obtain microbiological samples of finished product for lab testing.
- Calibrate testing equipment periodically.
- Place raw materials or finished products on hold in the event of non-conformity. Investigate potential causes and consult with QA Team Leader for product dispositions.
- Conduct ATP testing during equipment line clean-outs.
- Review production paperwork, ensuring accuracy and completion in a timely manner. Ensure the documentation complies with company standards.
- Perform environmental testing by swabbing non-product contact surfaces throughout the facility.
- Evaluate co-manufacturer samples. Evaluate and approve all finished products for customer pre-shipment samples.
- Establish forms, SOP documents and work aids.
- Conduct cGMP, allergen control, and other quality-related training for employees.
- Conduct internal investigations. Generate CAPAs and Deviation Reports when necessary.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- High School Diploma/GED is required; college degree preferred.
- 1-2 years of experience in a production facility in quality assurance.
- Knowledge of cGMPs, Allergen Control, and HACCP is highly preferred.
- Individual must be equipped with strong motivation, organization, time management, documentation control, and effective problem solving skills.
- Strong communications skills (both orally and written).
- Ability to write correspondence and effectively present information to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Must have excellent attention to detail and have the ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Demonstration of strong work ethics (punctual, dependable)
- Strong computer skills needed including Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access)
- This position requires flexibility of schedule and ability to adapt to change.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Prior manufacturing experience preferred.
The Quality Assurance Auditor reports directly to the Quality Assurance Team Leader.
The hourly pay rate for this role is $15/hr.
Pro-Form Laboratories offers a generous benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401k, FSA, paid vacation and sick leave. For consideration, please include your resume and cover letter with your application.
It is the policy and intent of Pro-Form Laboratories to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, or medical condition as defined in federal and state laws. This policy covers all facets of employment, including but not limited to: recruitment, selection, placement, promotions, transfers, demotions, termination, training, and compensation.