Pro-Form Laboratories has been a leader in the development and production of nutritional powders for over 35 years. As the “Pros in Powders”, we blend experience, quality, innovation and technology to ensure our customers’ success in today's ever changing marketplace. We are looking for a Network Administrator to join our team.
This will be an exempt, salary position. Flexibility will be required and some weekend shifts.
This is a customer service minded Network Administrator role needing desktop, and server support and additionally supporting internal users. Primary duties will include resolving assigned service requests in a timely and efficient manner, performing change, install, and move requests, installation and repairs, data and systems backup and recovery, and Active Directory user administration.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establishes network specifications by conferring with users; analyzing workflow, access, information, and security requirements; designing router administration, including interface configuration and routing protocols.
- Establishes network by evaluating network performance issues including availability, utilization, throughput, goodput, and latency; planning and executing the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of equipment; defining network policies and procedures; establishing connections and firewalls.
- Maintains network performance by performing network monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning; troubleshooting network problems; escalating problems to vendor.
- Secures network by developing network access, monitoring, control, and evaluation; maintaining documentation.
- Prepares users by designing and conducting training programs; providing references and support.
- Upgrades network by conferring with vendors; developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements.
- Utilize help desk ticketing system to field IT support requests identifying, troubleshooting, resolving, and documenting issues
- Active Directory planning and administration
- Install, maintain, and troubleshoot hardware, software, peripherals and network components
- Maintain and support network applications and services such as DNS, AD, RDP, network storage & ERP
- Support and maintain network file systems including Windows Server, and backup software such as Barracuda Backup.
- Support and troubleshoot in office networking environments including WAN and VPN
- iOS hardware deployment and security administered through MDM
- VOIP administration
- Document, review, and improve existing or new procedures and workflows
Preferred Background, Skills, and Experience:
- 5+ years’ experience in a customer focused IT support role providing Level 1-3 desktop support in a Microsoft environment
- In depth knowledge of DNS, DHCP; TCP/IP, VPN; WAN/LAN Configuration; Windows 7-10; Windows Server 2008 R2, 2012 R2 and 2016; hosted exchange; Office 365; Mobile Device Management (iOS, Android)
- Help desk experience inclusive of software, hardware and peripherals (i.e. network printers, fax machines and scanners)
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends as necessary
- Strong service-oriented attitude with a focus on exceeding user expectations
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
- Positive attitude and professional demeanor
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent technical and troubleshooting skills
- Initiative and ability to research problems independently including identification of root causes
- Working knowledge of networked topologies and physical layer networking (i.e. cable pulling and termination)
- Experience with machine planning, imaging and deployment
- Server and database environments (Active Directory and Windows Servers 2008-2012r2; Cisco, Ubiquiti, or equivalent routers; Terminal Services and Remote Desktop; VOIP)
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends as necessary.
- Physical Requirements:
- Walk and stand on a frequent basis (6 to 8 hours per shift)
- Lift and carry items weighing up to 15 pounds on a frequent basis (3 to 6 hours per shift)
- Lift and carry items weighing up to 50 pounds on an occasional basis (up to 3 hours per shift)
- Able to sit, squat, stoop, climb, kneel, and crawl on an frequent basis (up to 3 hours per shift)
- Will occasionally operate a scissor lift and work at height to diagnose network issues in warehouse and production areas (scissor lift operator training will be provided)
- Occasional exposure to elements such as odor, noise, dust, heat, cold or chemicals
This position reports to the CFO.
Pro-Form Laboratories offers a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401k, FSA, paid vacation and sick leave. For consideration, please reply to this post with your resume and cover letter that includes relevant skills and experience.
It is the policy and intent of Pro-Form Laboratories to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, or medical condition as defined in federal and state laws. This policy covers all facets of employment, including but not limited to: recruitment, selection, placement, promotions, transfers, demotions, termination, training, and compensation.